Have you ever met the situation that the purchased iTunes movies can’t be played on your Android smartphone? Maybe many of us have the same trouble when it comes to the DRM-ed media files. Usually, the music, videos, and audiobooks purchased from iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, etc. are encrypted with DRM protection. So, it will restrict you to play these media files on appointed devices or media player.
Want to enjoy the songs, movies or audiobooks freely? You need a DRM removal tool to help you unlock the DRM. However, some converters always lack the Mac version so it might be a little difficult to find a good one works on your Mac computer. Therefore, we searched on some software website and list the best free DRM removal for Mac here. Now check it below:
Top 1. FairGame – Free iTunes Music Converter
FairGame is a free iTunes music DRM removal program for your Mac. It allows you to remove DRM protection from iTunes purchased and protected AAC music files and converts them to unprotected AAC files.
• Remove DRM from iTunes purchased M4P music.
• Convert the protected AAC files to plain format
• Keep all tagging information like title, lyrics etc.
• Only work with Mac OS X 10.4.8 or lower, iTunes 7.0.1 or lower.
Download Site: FairGame
Top 2. Apple Music Converter – Overall iTunes Audio Converter
As a powerful audio converter, Apple Music Converter can remove DRM from Apple Music, iTunes music and Audible audiobooks easily. It converts DRM-ed audios to MP3, AC3, FLAC, M4A, etc. with up to 16X speed to help you enjoy music wherever you want. See more top features below: Note: It is not a totally free DRM removal but it offers a trial which you can experience its features for free. If you like it, you can go for the professional version.
Note: It is not a totally free DRM removal but it offers a trial which you can experience its features for free. If you like it, you can go for the professional version.
• Remove iTunes music and Apple Music DRM and convert M4P to DRM-free MP3.
• Get rid of DRM from AA/AAX Audiobooks and convert to MP3, M4A, etc.
• Extract audio files from iTunes movies, TV shows, and Podcasts.
• Keep full ID3 tags and meta information in MP3 and M4A output files.
• Preserve 100% original video and audio quality.
• Support both Windows and Mac computer.
• It is a shareware
Top 3. Requiem – Freeware Fairplay DRM removal
Requiem can remove Fairplay DRM protection from M4V videos, audios and iBooks purchased from iTunes store. It does the DRM removing process with no quality lose, no decoding and re-encoding. This program not only works fine on Mac but also works on Windows, Linux and more.
• Decrypt protected iTunes video, audio and books.
• Preserve lossless quality.
• Don’t use too much memory.
• Requiem is out of development since 2012 (version 4.1).
• Do not work with Mac OS X 10.8 or above.
• Only support iTunes 9.0.2 or lower.
• Can’t convert the iTunes rented videos
Download Site: Requiem
Top 4. Free DRM Removal – Free iTunes Video Converter
Free DRM Removal for Mac is aimed to help you convert iTunes M4V videos to lossless standard MP4 file. With a quick and streamlined interface, you can easily finish your conversion.
• Convert iTunes M4V videos to common MP4 file.
• Keep high quality for output videos.
• Accurate audio and video synchronization.
• Allow batch conversion.
• Slow down your computer.
Download Site: Free DRM Removal
Write in the End:
It will be frustrating that the DRM-ed music, movies, and audiobooks can’t be watching on some portable devices. But with these free DRM removal for Mac, you can easily get out of the restrictions. Now pick one you need and try it!